2.05.2009
I'm playing castanets with my knees
Snarf's Bag O' Randomness for today:
- As most Americans, I have been following this new Mega-Pork, Bailout, Stimulus Package with interest. My interest has turned into a resignation that it is going to be passed anyways because "the American people want it." Although, I have yet to meet anyone that thinks it is going to do any good.
- Speaking of politics, I heard Nancy Pelosi say last week that the Dems are no longer a partisan party. According to her, they are practicing non-partisan politics, and the Repubs are doing anything but being bi-partisan. I think she needs to clarify her definitions. To her, bi-partisan = "you do what we want to do" and non-partisan = "we won so you have to shutup and do what we say."
- I made egg salad the other night. Jess doesn't like my egg salad. I think it totally rocks!
- We stopped through Guitar Center the other night, and there was this Gretsch that I've been eyeing since they came out last year for about half price. It was used, but didn't have a mark on it, and it played like a dream. It's a good thing I didn't have the money to rationalize another axe right now. Otherwise I'd be the proud new owner of one of those orange 5120's. Jess initialy said last year that she didn't like them, but everytime we go in I point them out, and she warms up to them little more.
- For those that haven't seen me (which is practically everybody) I did go ahead and get that buzz cut. I really like it. I'm still having to remind my gorgeous Jess that she likes it too.
- I'm not positive that I am a true introvert. I'm definitely not an extrovert! That I know. But I'm not painfully shy enough to call myself a true introvert. That is assuming that introverts are painfully shy. I saw this article, and thought it spoke volumes as to why I've never managed to climb the ladder at Accenture. My thought has always been to get in and keep my head down and do a good job. I don't, and will NOT, get caught up with some of the others in constantly banging my drum just so everybody knows my name. So, since Accenture is an extrovert's heaven, I don't guess I'll ever rise through the ranks.
- I actually had my last supe make me go through some training on "emotional balance" because she thought that I took things "too seriously." Going through the course, my thought was that this is a course developed by an extrovert trying to convince all of us that aren't why we should be.
- I also thought this comment was pretty on target for myself. "For introverts, to be alone with our thoughts is as restorative as sleeping, as nourishing as eating."
- I guess I'm probably more of an introvert that I care to admit.
- I've really been laughing at Get Fuzzy lately. Especially today. Bucky Katt never fails to make me laugh..."middle of noon" and "I laughed, he cried, I touched him motionally."
- I've been reading The Hitchhiker series. I'm currently on Book 4 of the Trilogy. It's been a fun read. Makes me think that the last time I really geeked out was after Christmas one night when Jess was at work. I got a Star Wars dictionary from my sister-in-law, and so I was flopped out comparing it to the other Star Wars dictionary I have (to be sure that they agreed on stuff - one of them has few pics but lots of content and covers primarily the original 3 movies, and the new one has lots of really cool illustrations and covers primarily the more recent 3 movies) while listening to the record I picked up of the Star Wars script soundtrack. I don't think I was wearing my "Han Shot First" shirt, but there's a good chance I was. I try not to geek out like that too much when Jess is here. I think it would probably scare her.
- She wants to get pics taken of us today. I want to sit and play my guitar. We'll see who gets to do what they want.

Comments:
Post a Comment