7.07.2003
What is about couples...and especially new couples...that makes them think they need to remind all of us single folks that we are total losers because we don't have that certain someone? And then because we don't, they think they need to try and mix and match and play the proverbial matchmaker? Do they ever stop and realize that we are quite content in our singleness and really don't appreciate their efforts to change our present situations? And yes, you read that correctly...I don't appreciate their comments about how much happier I would be if I had that certain someone. Stop and think about it. I am quite happy with the place that God has me right now...be that single or otherwise. In fact, I don't even think much about the fact that I am single until someone says something like, "You're not married? Oh I'm sorry I just figured you were" or "so dude, how come you don't have a girlfriend?" It is only at that point that it occurs to me that I could be anything different than what I am. And the ones that make me even madder, are the ones that know I am single and without a girlfriend and then have to constantly ask me when I am going to change that. I'll change it when I'm dang well good and ready! I think I am going to take a new approach to the whole thing...since it is usually the newer couples that feel it is their prerogative to stick their nose into my love life, when I am asked about the whole girlfriend thing, I am going to start asking when they are going to have kids....that's none of my business - maybe they'll get the hint. But I doubt it...[/soap box]
--Snarf out
--Snarf out
Comments:
Post a Comment