7.03.2003
my room-mates b-day today...I told him I was not throwing him a party, but would take him to dinner or to a movie or something. He wanted to go see Bruce Almighty, so a couple of buddies and I went with him. I was sorta impressed with it. I had heard that the movie was not sac-religious...for the most part....and had seen an interview where the director stated he was a Christian and wanted to use the cinematic medium as a springboard to show God to the world. The overall premise was pretty good...how they got there was not always. Leaving the movie this is what I saw in it...God is someone that loves all and cares for all. He allowed Bruce to take His place for a few weeks in a very small portion of a city in order to show him that we as His creation are in no way equipped to handle running the world. As expected, Bruce failed miserably, and used his new found powers only for his own benefit, and seemed bothered when it came time to help others. An interesting allusion in the film was his girlfriend Grace. I think she played a part that was not unlike what God's grace is to us.
I may post more on this movie as I think about it, but right now it is late and I am very tired...have not been to bed in the last 31 hours so I think I am due. :-)
--Snarf out
I may post more on this movie as I think about it, but right now it is late and I am very tired...have not been to bed in the last 31 hours so I think I am due. :-)
--Snarf out
Comments:
Post a Comment