7.16.2003
I met Macavity today...at least I think that's who it was. Course I don't know his real name. It was actually kinda funny, but could have turned out pretty bad. I am watching a buddy's cat while he is out of town. I was sitting on the couch watching tv bobbing this feather thing above its head, and he was batting at it. He ran to the side of the couch, crouched, and then came at a dead run towards the feather thing. He jumped off the edge of the couch, went diving after the feather thing, hit the floor and started a mad turn to try and hit it again. The cat must be the most unco-ordinated I have ever seen. While he was trying to turn, he bounced of - and up and over - the corner of the DVD player that was on the floor, knocked the speaker that was on top of it off the back, tried to recover from that and came tearing back across the 3 or so feet between me and the DVD player and ran smack into the leg of the coffee table. He woozily wandered over to the dining room, and then into the bedroom where he settled under the middle of the queen size bed, and then started meowing like it was in pain...and shaking. I finally decided that all the excitement had caused the cat to cough up a hair-ball so I reached under the bed, pulled it out, and went to deposit him into the empty bath tub since I didn't want to have to clean up the floor. The spawn of satan spotted the bath tub and started scratching and clawing so I threw him at the tub. He hit the side, went rolling into it, and in I think one leap had jumped out of the tub around the corner and back under the very center of that bed. He was still meowing and shaking. I pulled him back out, and set him on the floor where he promptly started this sideways walk that didn't look right back under the bed. I decided to let him stay there until I had to go about 20 minutes later. I then, once again, pulled him out from under the bed and carried him to the kitchen where I set him on the floor. he seemed fine after that. I intended to check on it again on the way to work to be sure it wasn't dead after that episode, but didn't have time. I'll either feed it or bury it in the morning on the way home. I hate cats!!
--Snarf out
--Snarf out
Comments:
Post a Comment