7.20.2003
Currently listeining to Billy Crockett...Portrait of Love...this song was one of my fave songs back in the 80's that I rediscovered back in like '98. The song has a quiet, solo guitar accompaniment that shows Billy Crockett's mastery of the guitar. The chorus has always spoken to me...kind of a really loose paraphrase of 1 Cor 13.
Portrait of Love
--Billy Crockett
He wouldn't sit still long enough to have his protrait done
His heart was set to move his life at twice the speed of love
The artist who tried to freeze His style in canvas or in stone
Found that real life isn't still life even if the life's the Lord
A travelling artsit known as Paul painted truth with words
The truth that he saw was burning love that comforts and disturbs
Each year he grew until he knew the portrait could not wait
Without a sound the man sat down and he began to paint
Love is patient, love is kind
Never jealous, free of pride
Love will never be confined, and love will abide
Love is hopeful, love's not blind
Love is faithful everytime
Love is Someone, and if you'll open your eyes you'll find
Love is alive
Now love's gonna stand the test of time gonna stand when time is spent
Just look at the portrait painted it's the Son the Father sent
He is patient, He is kind
Never jealous, free of pride
He will never be confined and He will abide
Love is hopeful, love's not blind
Love is faithful everytime
Love is Someone and if you'll look in His eyes you'll find
Love is alive
Got dissed for the DMB show last week-end and I wasn't going by myself so I didn't make it. So I hung out in the apartment and played the Martin...I need to drop the action on it a little.....would of played the Parker but the battery for the on-board was dead and I didn't have another one, so I didn't play it at all.
Talked to the cat's owner Fri night too. His wife was all concerned that someone had broken into their apartment because when I was trying to get that spawn of satan our fro under the bed I had to move the bed and the dresser and didn't get them back exactly like they had been before. I thought that was funny...she must have forgotten that I was going to take care of the thing for her. I hope she doesn't forget the cobbler they promised for payment...buy me a little Blue Bell to go with it and I'll be set. :-)
Sunday school this morning finished up Galations. Next week we start James. Kinda interesting pairing if you ask me....Galations talking about grace and the fact that we do nothing to earn salvation, and then James talking about faith without works is dead. Course balance it all with Christ saying that if we love Him we'll keep His commandments. It should be good.
--Snarf out
Portrait of Love
--Billy Crockett
He wouldn't sit still long enough to have his protrait done
His heart was set to move his life at twice the speed of love
The artist who tried to freeze His style in canvas or in stone
Found that real life isn't still life even if the life's the Lord
A travelling artsit known as Paul painted truth with words
The truth that he saw was burning love that comforts and disturbs
Each year he grew until he knew the portrait could not wait
Without a sound the man sat down and he began to paint
Love is patient, love is kind
Never jealous, free of pride
Love will never be confined, and love will abide
Love is hopeful, love's not blind
Love is faithful everytime
Love is Someone, and if you'll open your eyes you'll find
Love is alive
Now love's gonna stand the test of time gonna stand when time is spent
Just look at the portrait painted it's the Son the Father sent
He is patient, He is kind
Never jealous, free of pride
He will never be confined and He will abide
Love is hopeful, love's not blind
Love is faithful everytime
Love is Someone and if you'll look in His eyes you'll find
Love is alive
Got dissed for the DMB show last week-end and I wasn't going by myself so I didn't make it. So I hung out in the apartment and played the Martin...I need to drop the action on it a little.....would of played the Parker but the battery for the on-board was dead and I didn't have another one, so I didn't play it at all.
Talked to the cat's owner Fri night too. His wife was all concerned that someone had broken into their apartment because when I was trying to get that spawn of satan our fro under the bed I had to move the bed and the dresser and didn't get them back exactly like they had been before. I thought that was funny...she must have forgotten that I was going to take care of the thing for her. I hope she doesn't forget the cobbler they promised for payment...buy me a little Blue Bell to go with it and I'll be set. :-)
Sunday school this morning finished up Galations. Next week we start James. Kinda interesting pairing if you ask me....Galations talking about grace and the fact that we do nothing to earn salvation, and then James talking about faith without works is dead. Course balance it all with Christ saying that if we love Him we'll keep His commandments. It should be good.
--Snarf out
Comments:
Post a Comment